Programs


With the French Immersion program, children are immersed in French in the early years. Gradually, more English is introduced into the program.

 

In Kindergarten, 92% of the instruction is in the French Language.

 

In Cycle 1 (grade 1 and 2), 82% of the instruction is in the French language.  The remaining 18% is taught in English.  Then English component is represented by the following:

  • English Language Arts (90 minutes per week)
  • Physical Education (120 minutes per week)
  • Music (60 minutes per week)

 

In Cycle 2 (grade 3 and 4), 47% of the instruction is in the French language.  The remaining 53% is taught in English.  In addition to the formal English and French classrooms, students also have the following subjects in English:

  • Drama (60 minutes per week)
  • Physical Education (120 minutes per week)
  • Music (90 minutes per week)

 

In Cycle 3 (grade 5 and 6), 47% of the instruction is in the French language.  The remaining 53% is taught in English.  In addition to the formal English and French classrooms, students also have the following subjects in English:

  • Drama (60 minutes per week)
  • Physical Education (120 minutes per week)
  • Music (90 minutes per week)